Tuesday, November 23, 2010

compassion from fashion....

I had the opportunity to attend the
Compassion From Fashion event this weekend.
 It is a fabulous event including special sales…food…and a fashion show…
all to benefit a local cancer center…The Gathering Place.
The fashion show included local celebrities…professional models…
and best of all…cancer survivors.
I had a hard time holding back the tears
 at the end when they were introduced.
As if battling cancer isn’t challenging enough…
they walked amongst the professionals with confidence and style!
My earlier struggle to find the perfect outfit
for the evening became insignificant…
but this is a fashion blog…so I will share what I decided to wear…
even if I was greatly outshined by the evening's festivities.
(I wanted to share photos from the evening...but not up on all the legalities)
I used to love to combine prints and patterns…
but found it difficult once I was out here…
fleece doesn’t inspire much in the way of creativity...
nor does it offer much in patterns?!
Yet…I decided to take a chance combining not only prints…
but also trends!?
I paired herringbone shorts with diamond patterned tights…
then due to the weather I decided on a boyfriend blazer
 with pinstriped rolled-sleeves over a vintage bow blouse.
I feel with the subdued patterns all based in
black and white that they went together nicely…
hope I didn’t miss the mark!?


Boyfriend blazer…The Limited
Bow top…vintage
Herringbone short…Maurices
Tights…Apt.9 (Kohls)
Booties…Mudd (Kohls)
Clutch…Jessica Simpson
Jewelry…XOXO watch, NY&CO bracelet
 & earrings, Premier ring

3 comments:

  1. great outfit...love all the textures and patterns with the shorts and tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didnt miss a beat hunnie...LOVE this outfit..I think shorts are so fun to wear with tights...I cant understand how come we all werent doing it years ago, lol.
    I know how you feel about the tears at the event..I volunteer every year for Wigs 4 Kids...its heartbreaking seeing the kids in their wigs....they are the strongest people in the room...you are a great person inside and out for being involved in such a great cause hunnie....

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so chic! First of all, your hair is always pefect. second, this is how shorts can be done in a classy way. the tights keep it stylish and make the outfit more reflective of your individual sense. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete