Monday, November 8, 2010

animal-print and sequins...for day...oh my...

I’ve wanted to try wearing sequins for day…
for most “fashionistas”…this may not seem like a daunting task…
but then most people obsessed with fashion…such as myself…
do not have Amish for neighbors.
But…today was the day…and apparently…WalMart was the place…??
Inspired by a look in Fossil’s latest lookbook…
(their look actually had a lace tank)…
I rummaged through my husband’s side of the closet…
(ok…his small bar in the closet)…to find a shirt similar
 to the one in the photo.
I came across this heathered-oatmeal button-down…
I thought it paired nicely with the sequins
and may help detract some of the sparkle…
apparently not enough…I got stares…glares…and lest I forget…a cat-call.
Ok…I’m sure the animal-print didn’t help!?
All I know is…I rather like the sparkle for day…
And I plan to do it again…
But maybe next time I’ll save it for somewhere else!?

 
Brown Pleather Jacket…Wet Seal
Sequin Tank…Kohls
Button-Down…borrowed from hubby
Skinny Jeans…NY&CO
Boots…Kohls
Bag…Guess
Jewelry…XOXO watch, Kohls bangles,
Premier ring, Daisy Fuentes hoops


5 comments:

  1. i love this! simple with neutral fall tones, but the sparkle adds some flair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farm Girl - Your Style IS Awesome! I've loved everyone of your posts/outfits - keep the inspiration coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOT. I love this look. That first shot is fantastic. And I never would have thought that button down was made for a man. You wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is awesome!! The pairing of the heather grey top with the sequins is exactly how I think sequins-for-day should be done. I also adore the jacket over top- it really finishes the whole ensemble. Looks like something I'd see on a mannequin and then buy, as is!!

    ReplyDelete