Tuesday, November 2, 2010

mama never said there'd be days like this...

Since moving out here required that I leave my career behind…
it’s been difficult to find a suitable replacement…
so…I’ve had to resign to working at my husband's business
 three days a week to feel that I am earning my “room and board.”
This has not only been a blow to the ol’ego…but has been quite a
 culture shock to the closet…equipped with the perfect ensembles for
 lunch with friends…business meetings…or a night on the town…but…
we were not prepared for days like this.
{NY&CO button-down, pleather jacket, and skinny jeans}
Today is one of those days…I struggle to put together
a stylish, yet functional outfit…one that reflects my true aesthetic while
working within the life I actually live.
So...I pulled together a white button-down with distressed skinny jeans…
threw on my sequined cheetah-print flats and a ruffled pleather jacket…
and called it a day!


3 comments:

  1. hope your days will be better..anyways you look lovely with this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I struggle to put together a stylish, yet functional outfit…one that reflects my true aesthetic while working within the life I actually live." I HEAR YA, GIRL. You seem to be doing it well, though

    ReplyDelete